Happy New Year!
To many, the New Year is a wonderful time of hope and possibility. Despite continuing challenges in the world, in 2016 the compassion and generosity of the Catholic community has helped improve the lives of many men, women and children, through the work of CAFOD, and will continue to do so in 2017. In this spirit of hope, we often make resolutions in the New Year to improve our lives and the lives of others.
Here are our top ten ways to support CAFOD and change the world in 2017:
- Pray for the work of CAFOD and the world’s poorest communities
- Inspire children and young people: Become an education volunteer for CAFOD
- Put Laudato Si’ into action: Campaign on Climate Change
- Reach out: Say hello to someone new in your parish or community and write a Message of Hope to refugees
- Connect the poor to the powerful: Become an MP Correspondent
- Share CAFOD’s work: Become a CAFOD Parish Volunteer
- Use your admin skills to help communities living in poverty: Volunteer in the CAFOD Salford Volunteer Centre
- Take on a challenge: Work towards the Live Simply Award in your parish, school or community
- Connect with us on Twitter and learn more about our work
- Get active: Use your talents, passions and imagination to raise funds for CAFOD in your community. Do what you enjoy, and do it for CAFOD!